California Surveyors Forums - Registration
CLSA Discussion Board Rules and Etiquette
By participating in the CLSA Discussion Board, you are agreeing to abide by the following rules:
CLSA Discussion Board Etiquette
- The CLSA Discussion Boards can be used only in a noncommercial manner. You may not post messages containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, or solicitation of goods or services. Solicitations of this sort may be posted on the Classified Section only.
- Do not post material that is protected by copyright unless you are the copyright holder or have the author`s written permission.
- Do not post the work product of another unless you have their written permission. It is the intent of this forum to provide education for the profession through discussion. It is recognized that a work product is often relevant to meaningful discussion. The posting of a work product is intended to provide education and meaningful discussion and not to embarrass or shame the author of the work product, client, or processing jurisdiction. The term work product is not a bright-line test and depends upon facts and circumstances surrounding the use of such documents and, therefore, requires review on a case-by-case basis. For the purposes of this rule, work product does not include any work product in which the poster has effectively redacted the document to remove any reference to the author, client, location, agency, and processing jurisdiction. Any post which is deemed intended to embarrass, harass, or humiliate someone based on their work product will be removed.
- We encourage lively discussion and debate but remember that disagreeing with an idea is different from attacking an individual. In that spirit, do not post messages that contain personal attacks against other individuals, including CLSA members, officers, or staff. Messages and materials that are defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything on the CLSA Discussion Board that you would not want made public or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- When posting, please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the thread of discussion.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the CLSA Discussion Board is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. Should a post occur which is deemed to potentially violate any law, such post will be removed upon discovery and the originator of the post notified.
- CLSA reserves the right to deny access to the CLSA Discussion Board or remove the posting privileges of anyone who violates the CLSA Discussion Board Rules and Etiquette requirements. Anyone violating the CLSA Discussion Board Rules and Etiquette requirements will receive a communication from CLSA as to the inappropriate nature of the posting, which may lead to immediate removal and being denied further posting privileges. Should a second violation occur, the user will be notified that any future inappropriate postings will result in the user being denied CLSA Discussion Boards posting privileges. Should a third violation occur, the user will immediately lose posting privileges. Decisions may be appealed to the CLSA Board of Directors.
- Any post which refers to the prior management of CLSA shall be removed.
- The CLSA Discussion Board allows messages to be copied by others. CLSA cannot control this activity. While CLSA does not and cannot review every message posted on CLSA Discussion Board and is not responsible for the content of these messages, CLSA reserves the right to delete, move, or edit messages that are deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable.
- CLSA reserves the right to deny access to the CLSA Discussion Board or remove the posting privileges of users who violate the CLSA Discussion Board Rules and Etiquette requirements.
As with any community, there are simple rules of etiquette that guide the group in communicating with ease and ensure a free flow of information:
- There are a number of CLSA Discussion Forums currently operating. While each has some overlap, select the forum most appropriate for your posting.
- While not required, users are encouraged to include their name on all posts.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line of the posting. This allows users to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for users to search the archives by subject.
- The "tone" is a very important part of electronic communication.
- Humor can be difficult to convey in text, so make sure everyone realizes when you are trying to be funny. It is easy for messages to be misinterpreted since there are no physical gestures or voice inflections that accompany the text.
- Think through and re-read your comments before you post them.
- Be nice. Refrain from inappropriate language and derogatory or personal attacks.
- Make a personal commitment to learning about, understanding, and supporting your peers.
- Disagree with ideas, but avoid challenges that may be interpreted as a personal attack.
- Challenge others with the intent of facilitating growth. Do not demean, harass, or embarrass others.
- Encourage others to develop and share their ideas.