PG&E is looking for a land survey tech for our Concord headquarters to support our transmission team. Come join an immediate team of approximately 20 land survey professionals! The area this team services is northerly of the San Luis Obispo County line, up the coastal counties of California. This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining. The Land Technician pay range is $40.48 to $57.57 per hour depending on experience. This position allows for an automatic progression in title and pay range without a vacancy in the company to the level of Senior Land Technician with a pay range of $51.48-$64.64 after passing internal examination requirements and time with the company, via the labor agreement. This position is scheduled to be open through 4/5/2023.
Apply Here: https://careers.pge.com/job-invite/145668/
Requisition ID # 145668
The Land Surveying and Engineering Support (LS&ES) team is a group of 100 dedicated employees providing land surveying and mapping services in support of gas and electric transmission and distribution projects. These services include rights-of-way drawings, easement documents, engineering support drawings (plan & profile), topographic mapping and construction staking. We are located in 17 offices throughout the PG&E service territory.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
This position will be with the LS&ES Coast Division headquartered at the Concord Service Center (1030 Detroit, Concord, CA). LS&ES Coast Division provides surveying support services to all lines of PG&E business including Gas Distribution and Transmission, Electric Distribution and Transmission, Substation Engineering, PG&E Corporate Real Estate, Pipeline Safety Enhancement Project, the Pipeline Centerline Encroachment Survey, and Environmental Remediation. This position will prepare legal documents, legal descriptions, CAD drawings, CAD mapping, perform field surveying, office surveying calculations, customer communications, problem solving, preparing permits with outside agencies (CalTrans, UPRR, EBMUD, etc.) and other duties in supporting PG&E’s new business and customer distribution connections to our electrical and gas systems.
You must be able to travel at least 50% of the time within the PG&E service territory, including occasional overnight stays.
This position is hybrid. Meaning the majority of the work is conducted from your home office, in the field collecting data, or gathering with the team in-person at our headquarters.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual hourly rate paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreement, and internal equity.
Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, the starting hourly rate range for this position is $40.48 to $57.57, subject to collectively bargained wage increases.
- Perform routine work as a member of a survey party, make precise survey measurements using conventional and state of the art surveying instruments; interpret legal descriptions of real property; make and interpret survey calculations; research, analyze, check, and adjust survey data; research title and compile evidence and documentation for boundary determination. Operate the survey vehicle.
- Prepare maps from field notes, office data, and title searches for condemnation proceedings, obtain rights-of-way, purchase land, obtain government permits, and obtain leases and other land documents. Plot plan profiles, road cross-sections, topography, contours, and special drawings. Check mathematical computations of others.
- Assemble information for, and processing, clearing, and correcting of rights-of-way and land matters. This work includes such duties as preparing legal descriptions of real property; preparing all routine documents necessary for the acquisition of easements by the Company ; processing necessary forms for the procuring of permits; preparing and processing quitclaims; securing signatures; securing permits; inspecting property; preliminarily investigating encroachments; and preparing clear and concise reports and correspondence.
- 2 years of land surveying or civil engineering experience or the equivalent in education (such as Geometry or Trigonometry) and/or experience
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of employment
-The physical ability to do field survey work.
- Experience using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Take initiative and can work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Field or office experience in a land surveying capacity
- Ability to effectively work with and support colleagues
- Experience generating plan/profile mapping, topographic mapping and construction staking
- Experience writing/interpreting legal land descriptions
Feel free to contact the hiring leader if you have any question!
Hiring leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now hiring! Land Survey Tech - Concord
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:40 am
1 post • Page 1 of 1