Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a firm of engineers, planners, landscape architects, and surveyors who provide comprehensive, integrated services for transportation facilities; site development; utility infrastructure; water resources; stormwater facilities; parks; residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial site development. With a staff of over 116, we serve clients across Oregon and southwestern Washington from our offices in Portland, Salem, Bend, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington.
Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance. It is because of this our employees have distinguished us with both national and regional awards for one of the Best Firms to Work For.
We are seeking
A Party Chief interested in joining our Bend, OR team. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a professional small team environment.
Responsible for reporting daily to the project surveyor on project status. Independently leads survey crew members and or can work alone. Coordinate on-site with clients, contractors, and other consultants to efficiently complete daily tasks. Perform processing and reduction of field data, and survey computations in office.
• Setup and operate survey equipment to collect survey data.
• Prepare daily reports as directed.
• Maintain hand tools and survey equipment.
• Carry equipment and work in all types of weather and terrain.
• Work independently when required.
• Safely operate hand tools and other equipment and demonstrate safe work habits.
• Process and reduce field data, perform survey computations, and manage final deliverables.[/list][/list]
• Prefer 3- 5 years’ experience as a Party Chief leading survey crews and performing field work, including boundary, right of way, construction staking, and topographic survey activities.
• Knowledge and experience with Trimble instrumentation, Robotics, GPS equipment and laser scanning a plus.
• AutoCAD Civil 3D drafting skills preferred but not required.
• Experience using general survey software such as Star*Net, data processing software and GPS proficient with general office software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written required.
• Must be comfortable and able to work independently in the field, operating as a one-person crew.
• Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record and pass drug test.
• Occasionally may be required to work out of town/overnight for short periods of time.
• Applicant must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
License and Education
High School Diploma preferred and or equivalent experience.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits which include company contribution to employee 401(K) Retirement plan without requiring a match. Health, Alternative Care, Vision and Dental benefits, company pays 100% of the premiums for employee and dependents. Also, includes long term disability, life insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay, with an opportunity for company stock ownership.
$32 - $38 per hour, depending on experience
Please submit a resume to ADP.
HHPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in the process of apply or interviewing due to a disability, please let us know.
Survey Party Chief - Bend, Oregon
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 6:43 am
1 post • Page 1 of 1