1767 Market Street, Suite C, Redding, CA 96001
Structural Civil Engineering Position
Under general supervision, performs a variety of journey-level professional civil and structural engineering work.
Essential Job Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
• Implements the design, surveying and construction of assigned public works projects, including structures, structure designs, as built plans, drainage systems, and related civil works.
• Coordinates the work of multiple project designs, including work scheduling, scoping and budgeting.
• Performs complex engineering activities and structural calculations related to design, construction and project management, including reports, records and correspondence.
• Directs contractors and other field staff and performs field inspections and testing of various projects; coordinates traffic studies and land surveying.
• Prepares proposals and contracts for approval by management.
• Interfaces with staff, subcontractors, clients and building officials to ensure project deadlines are on track and that projects are continually moving forward.
• Directs staff and performs the preparation of maps, plans, charts or diagrams; confers with supervisor to discuss technical and policy issues during the preliminary and design stages of projects.
• Confers with officials of other government agencies, utility companies, consultants and land developers regarding construction and design regulation and policy issues.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a closely related field.
• Four (4) years of professional civil engineering or structural engineering experience in construction, or design. A Master's degree in Civil Engineering may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
• Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer with the State of California.
• Valid State of California driver's license is required.
• Advance knowledge of constructions methods, materials and legal requirements
• CAD experience required
• Revit Structural experience a plus
• Strong problem solving skills with ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Excellent communication and IT skills
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
• Work is performed primarily in an indoor and some outdoor environments.
• May be required to lift and carry items less than 50 pounds.
• May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, hazardous chemicals, extreme weather conditions and infectious diseases.
Pay commensurate with experience.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:19 pm