Jensen Design & Survey, Inc. (JDS) is a multi-disciplined, full-service civil engineering, water resources, surveying and planning firm rooted in Ventura County for the last 30 years. Our mid-size company of 45+ staff provide our clients seamless project development with twelve licensed professional civil engineers, two licensed land surveyors, a registered geologist, and two certified land planners supported by a CAD department, planning staff, and field surveyors.
Individual will most often work as part of a team, paired with a Chainperson(s), but occasionally will be required to perform work on their own. Individual will communicate with foreman, superintendent, and/or client to coordinate job site requirements and relay information regularly. The Party Chief will brief the Field Survey Manager at the end of the day’s work. The individual will plan ahead, working with the Project Manager, to anticipate and coordinate job needs. The individual will complete office tasks and projects as assigned by the Field Survey Manager and/or the Survey Department Manager. As part of our team, the Party Chief will be expected to communicate with office staff as needed in order to provide appropriate and timely services to our clients. We are looking for a self-motivated problem solver who works well under pressure. Personnel will be required to work overtime on occasion when the project warrants and will perform work in varying conditions including rugged terrain, dense brush, steep slopes, poison oak, and foul weather.
• Lead and supervise a 1-, 2- or 3-person field crew in performing boundary, topography, A.L.T.A., right-of-way, and construction surveys. Must be proficient in field calculations, record and note keeping, and electronic data collection.
• Read and interpret civil, architectural, and structural plans. Must be able to carry themselves well on a construction site with contractors.
• Survey of surfaces to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas and contours – for construction, land division, titles, topographic, and other purposes.
• Determines methods and procedures for establishing or re-establishing survey control.
• Keeps accurate notes, records, cut sheets and sketches to describe survey work performed.
• Coordinates findings with staff and clients.
• Input field data into the office software and folders.
• Be responsible for and oversee the maintenance of the truck and necessary adjustments to field survey equipment.
• Training survey crew member(s) in survey techniques, methods, & procedures.
• Assumes responsibility for work.
• Preparation of staking plans using AutoCAD Civil3D software.
• Prepare cutsheets and as-staked drawings using field data along with the design information.
• Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for survey.
• Prepare ALTA Maps, Final Maps, Legal Descriptions, Lot Line Adjustments, Parcel Maps, Records of Survey, and Topographic Maps.
• Manage projects including maintaining contact with existing clients and meeting their survey and mapping related needs.
https://jdscivil.com/wp-content/uploads ... -2020-.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1