Survey Technician III/Party Chief
The Survey Technician/ Party Chief Position is a field and office position. The Party Chief is responsible independently performing various field surveys including boundary, topographic, control and construction surveys. The party chief is responsible for transferring data to and from the field data collector, supervising a field assistant (rod-person or chain-person) and developing quality control procedures to ensure that field work is error free. Office work may include preparation of record of survey maps, corner records, construction staking exhibits, cut sheets, topographic maps and other documents.
Education, Experience and Licensing Requirements:
• At least 10 years’ experience in Land Surveying/Geomatics as a party chief.
• California LSIT preferred.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
• 10 years demonstrated experience successfully managing field projects within the constraints of time, cost, and performance requirements
• Expert skills in finding record monuments, including wood stakes, rebar, pipe and nails under pavement.
• 10 years of experience performing field surveys for control, boundary and topographic surveys.
• Experience performing GPS (RTK) surveys. Knowledge of calibration and localization procedures.
• In depth knowledge of using various horizontal and vertical control points in a calibration, scale factors and the affect those various points have on the final control scheme.
• Knowledge of State Plane coordinate systems, rotation factors, scale factors and combination scale factors.
Proven field procedures for checking own work and detecting errors. This may include conducting closed loops, or checking work from prior surveys.
Demonstrated skill, knowledge, and expert proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, TDS, and related surveying software applications.
Proficiency with the setup and operation of Trimble Robotic Total Stations (S6) and Trimble (R8) RTK GPS receivers
• Good communication skills with clients, land developers, contractors and public agencies.
• Demonstrated skill, knowledge, and expert proficiency in TDS field software (traverse, side shot, stakeout, alignments, rotation, translation, elevation adjustment, etc.)
• Proven ability to lead and supervise subordinates for successful completion of projects.
• With minimal supervision. Perform field surveys for boundary, control, construction, FEMA flood certificates or topographic surveys.
• With minimal supervision. Using AutoCAD Civil 3D, prepares maps for boundary surveys (records of surveys or corner records), topographic maps, parcel maps, tract maps, construction staking exhibits, legal descriptions and other survey documents.
• With minimal supervision. Preparing documents and reports using Word, Excel, Survey Pro Foresight and other software
• Reviews draft invoices against proposal budgets and provides markups to accounting staff. Coordination with clients and contractors regarding survey or staking requests
• Coordination with office staff regarding errors or discrepancies found in plans and or calculations
Pay $32-50/hour (depends on experience), 401k, profit sharing, heath plan, relocation assistance available.
Position available Nov 2, 2020 (San Luis Obispo)
Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
1 post • Page 1 of 1