$77,907.70 - $110,081.54 Annually
8/23/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
PERS retired annuitants or individuals currently receiving CalPERS Retirement Benefits are not eligible to apply.
Plan, direct, organize, coordinate and supervise surveying work in the conducting of land surveys and associated work; and the establishment, review and maintenance of survey records and maps in addition to providing technical assistance.
This position is distinguished from the Survey Party Chief by the requirement for full-time supervisory and administrative responsibility over surveying/engineering personnel and operations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general direction from higher-level management. Exercises direct and indirect supervision over lower level surveying/engineering personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, assign, schedule, direct, and evaluate the work of several survey parties through their respective Survey Party Chiefs
- Review and check various survey maps and descriptions for accuracy and conformance with established surveying principles and practices and applicable surveying laws, rules and regulations and make various recommendations for improvement
- Enforce City policies, codes, regulations and appropriate State and Federal laws
- Administer personnel and administrative functions for the survey section
- Prepare survey related agenda items for City Council
- Establish and implement training programs in land surveying and associated areas for assigned staff
- Establish and maintain permanent system for recording critical survey data and documentation
- Establish and maintain equipment and supply requirements
- Receive, evaluate, and coordinate requests for surveys, assigning parties, scheduling and setting priorities
- Prepare, review, sign and record survey maps and documents
- Conduct safety meetings and training sessions
- Coordinate with contractors through the Resident Construction Inspector (RCI), engineers, architects and other project personnel regarding survey requirements or problems
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- The California Land Surveyors Act
- The California Subdivision Map Act
- Principles, practices, equipment, and methods used in land surveying
- Construction engineering, including site preparation
- Leveling, foundation layout, boundary establishment, structural measurements, etc.
- Civil engineering drafting and mapping
- Survey records management
- Real property legal descriptions
- Principles and practices of supervision and leadership
- Personal computers, including surveying software
- Current generation of field survey computers
- Plan, organize, supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinates
- Understand, interpret, prepare and record survey data, field notes, maps, legal descriptions and other documents
- Train assigned staff in the principles, practices and methods of land surveying and associated work
- Assist in developing and administering a budget for surveying
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
One year of experience in survey work at a level comparable to Survey Party Chief with the City of Sacramento and college-level courses in surveying, drafting, and mathematics, including trigonometry or above.
PROOF OF EDUCATION
Proof of education such as, but not limited to, university/college transcripts and degrees should be submitted with your application and will be required at the time of appointment. Unofficial documents and/or copies are acceptable.
An applicant with a college degree obtained outside the United States must have education records evaluated by a credentials evaluation service. Evaluation of education records will be due at time of appointment.
License or Certificate:
Possession of a valid Certificate of Registration as a Land Surveyor issued by the State of California at the time of appointment.
Possession of a valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of California prior to January 1, 1982, at the time of appointment.
Certificate(s) of Registration must be verifiable.
PROOF OF CERTIFICATION
Proof of the required certificate and/or license should be submitted with your application and will be required at the time of appointment. Unofficial documents and/or copies are acceptable.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License at the time of appointment. Loss of the Class C license is cause for discipline. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a physical disability will be considered for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline;
Employment applications must be submitted online; paper applications will not be accepted.
Employment applications will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified:
If applicants do not list current and/or past job-related experience in the duties area of the "Work Experience" section. Note: Qualifying experience is based on 40 hours per week (pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week).
If "see resume" is noted in the "Work Experience" section; a resume will not substitute for the information required in the "Work Experience" section.
Proof of education such as, but not limited to, university/college transcripts and degrees should be submitted online with your application. Proof of education will be required at time of appointment.
Position/job titles will not be considered in determining eligibility for meeting the minimum qualifications for this position.
If you’re requesting Veteran’s credit, a copy of your DD214 must be submitted online with your application, delivered in person, or sent to the Employment Office by email/fax or mailed by the final filing deadline. Information regarding the use of Veteran’s credit can be found in the Civil Service Board rules under rule 4.9C.
Applicants are responsible for attaching a copy of their DD214 to each position for which they apply.
2. Screening Committee: (Pass/Fail)– Human Resources will evaluate employment applications for the minimum qualifications stated on the job announcement.
3. Training and Experience Test: (Weighted 100%) – The Supplemental Questionnaire located at the end of the application is the Training and Experience Exam. Only the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will become candidates and their supplemental questionnaire will be rated and scored. This exam will evaluate the relevance, level, and progression of a candidate's education, training and experience. Therefore, your responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough and complete because the exam score will determine your ranking on the eligible list for this job. When completing the supplemental questionnaire, please note:
Responses to the supplemental questionnaire must be submitted online; paper questionnaires will not be accepted.
Incomplete supplemental questionnaires will not pass the review process; omitted information cannot be considered or assumed.
A resume will not substitute for the information required in the supplemental questionnaire.
4. Eligibility: Candidates who pass the Training and Experience Test will be placed on the eligible list. The hiring department may contact candidates for interview at any time during the life of the one-year list.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete and pass LiveScan/fingerprinting. If applicable, candidates may also need to pass a pre-employment medical exam, controlled substance and/or alcohol test, and possess any required licensure or certification prior to receiving a start date from the Department. Failure to meet these prerequisites will be grounds for withdrawal of your conditional offer of employment.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process:
Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/Home/ApplicationGuide for a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the application process.
For technical support between 6 AM - 5 PM PT, contact Live Applicant Support at (855) 524-5627.
Visit the City of Sacramento Human Resources Department website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities;
Send an email to email@example.com; or
Call the Human Resources Department at (916) 808-5726
City of Sacramento
915 I Street
Historic City Hall
Sacramento, California, 95814-2604
Supervising Surveyor wanted - City of Sacramento
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:20 pm
Supervising Surveyor wanted - City of Sacramento
"Read, Learn, Enjoy, and Profit" Paul Cuomo
1 post • Page 1 of 1