The City of Medford is seeking an Engineering Chief of Field Survey in our Public Works Department. This position will experience working with a diverse group of people in multiple atmospheres in the office and in the field with state of the art survey instruments and equipment carried in a newer four-wheel drive survey vehicle; this position leads a field crew engaged in survey work. The variety of work and collaboration offers the selected candidate both a challenging and enjoyable work environment.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Two (2) years of experience managing and leading a survey field crew.
• Five (5) years of survey experience; or
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying/ Geomatics, Engineering, Geographic Information Systems or a specific area of study as deemed necessary; and/or equivalent combination of college level education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Registered Land Surveyor’s license in the State of Oregon is desired, but not required.
• Possessing the Fundamentals of Land Surveying certificate (FLS) is desirable, but not required.
• Proficient with Trimble surveying equipment and office software.
• Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D or Carlson CAD surveying software
• Proficient with writing legal descriptions.
• Proficient with surveying field work including topographic surveying and construction layout.
Check out the job posting for more details or to apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/medfordor
1 post • Page 1 of 1