Survey Technician /Party Chief
The Survey Technician/ Party Chief Position is a field and office position. The Party Chief is responsible independently performing various field surveys including boundary, topographic, control and construction surveys. Office work may include preparation of record of survey maps, corner records, construction calculation and staking exhibits, topographic maps and other documents.
Education, experience and licensing requirements:
• At least 5 years’ experience in Land Surveying as a party chief or survey technician.
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field preferred
• California LSIT preferred.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
• 3 years demonstrated experience successfully managing field projects within the constraints of time, cost, and performance requirements
• Expert skills in finding monuments, including wood stakes, rebar, pipe and nails under pavement.
• 3 years of experience performing field surveys for control, construction, boundary and topographic surveys.
• Experience performing GPS (RTK) surveys. Knowledge of calibration and localization procedures with ground and grid coordinate systems.
• Knowledge of basic surveying principles and adjustments
• Knowledge of using various horizontal and vertical control points in a GPS calibration
• Knowledge of State Plane coordinate systems, including rotation, and scale factor.
• Proven procedures for checking field work and detecting errors.
• Demonstrated skill, knowledge, and expert proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Good communication skills with clients, land developers, contractors and public agencies.
• Demonstrated skill, knowledge, and expert proficiency in TDS and/or Trimble field software (traverse, side shot, stakeout, alignments, rotation, translation, elevation adjustment, etc.)
• With minimal supervision. Perform field surveys for boundary, control, construction, or topographic surveys.
• With minimal supervision. Use AutoCAD Civil 3D to prepare maps for boundary surveys (records of surveys or corner records), topographic maps, parcel maps, tract maps, construction staking exhibits, legal descriptions and other survey documents.
• With minimal supervision prepare documents and reports using Word, Excel, Survey Pro Foresight and other software.
• Coordination with clients and contractors regarding survey requests or staking requests
This position is in San Luis Obispo
Compensation will depend on experience ($32-55/hr)
Benefits include 401k, health plan, profit sharing
Send resume to email@example.com
1 post • Page 1 of 1