Employment or Contract Opportunity
Spectrum Land Services, Inc. is a leading right-of-way consulting firm in Southern California. Headquartered in Orange California, Spectrum is seeking a qualified Office Survey Technician to work in a support role within our easement acquisition department. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking to be a part of a stable, well established firm.
LOCATION: Orange, California
POSITION: Office Survey Technician (Employment or Independent Contractor position)
With limited oversight from the project manager, the position focuses on writing and reviewing, basic to complex centerline and metes & bounds (land) descriptions of easement take areas involving the acquisition of electric utility easements in a productive team environment. The Tech performs analysis of land title records such as property ownership profiles, deeds, maps, and other documents to produce land descriptions and exhibit maps. Analyzes conflicts between design plans and existing improvements; reviews maps, records of survey and right-of-way drawings. Reads and interprets deeds, legal descriptions, parcel and tract maps, records of survey, and construction plans. Uses AutoCAD or Civil 3D to prepare survey exhibit drawings. May manage small survey projects and ensure the projects are delivered on schedule and within budget.
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• 3+ years of experience in land surveying, public utility engineering, or a related land surveying field
• Must demonstrate the ability to interpret and write complex land descriptions involving utility rights of way
• Ability to thoroughly interpret land title deeds record maps and plot/ right-of-way boundaries
• Prepare exhibit maps to support electric utility easements and using Civil 3D or AutoCAD LT
• Must have clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor
• A California PLS is not required, but highly desired.
$38 - $45 per hour. Actual pay rate will be based on candidate qualifications & experience. Spectrum offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including full medical, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays and 401(k) with an employer match.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Contact: Rich Maldonado - Telephone: 714-568-1800 x230
SPECTRUM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Spectrum Land Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to fostering diversity in the workplace.
725 Town & Country Road ▪ Suite 410 ▪ Orange, California 92868 ▪ (714) 568-1800 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
1 post • Page 1 of 1