Engineer IV (Survey)
About the Position
The Development Services Division of the San Luis Obispo County Public Works Department is offering an exciting career opportunity for a land surveyor to join our team as an Engineer IV. This individual will assist with survey map review, legal description preparation and review, and public information inquiries, as well as supervise other staff. For more information regarding the Development Services Division please visit: https://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Department ... vices.aspx
The surveyor will perform boundary research and calculations, draft topographic maps, Records of Survey, and Corner Records. They will also assist in the management of on-call survey contracts and coordinate with design engineers. The surveyor will assist the County Surveyor with Record of Survey and Corner Record reviews for the County. This position will also have some responsibility for processing Tract and Parcel maps. Other duties may include:
1. Using computer and calculator programs and mapping software, performs boundary analysis, research, and mathematical checking of Parcel Maps, Records of Survey, Tract Maps, and other maps and projects for technical correctness and compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and guidelines and office policies and procedures.
2. Answers a variety of complex questions and provides information to private engineers, surveyors, developers, other County departments, and the general public regarding items such as map check outcomes; property ownership and boundaries; monumentation and easement location; federal, state, and local surveying laws, rules, and regulations; and County ordinances, policies, and procedures.
3. Researches existing recorded information, including record maps, plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents; prepares legal descriptions, records of survey, and corner records.
4. Assists in adding data to the County-wide GIS system
5. Files and indexes maps and record information using personal computers and database software.
6. Provides Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) with special maps, legal descriptions, and reports for properties to be annexed or detached from special districts or cities and ensures projects' compliance with applicable state and regulatory agencies and laws.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Click https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ ... ngineer-ivfor a more detailed description of the position and directions about how to apply.
Please contact Edward Reading at 805-781-5265 or email@example.com for more information or if you have any questions about this position.
1 post • Page 1 of 1