Location: Ventura County, CA
Benner and Carpenter’s Ventura County Survey team is seeking a full-time Land Surveyor/Mapper. In this position you will work under a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor on a variety of mapping tasks in support of mostly land/site development projects ranging from single lots to major subdivision designs, education facilities, and public works. You will have the opportunity to grow and advance and are encouraged to become a PLS if you are not already. You will interact and communicate with both internal and external clients and contractors. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research Record Maps, Easements, Titles, etc.
- Prepare Boundary Survey Drawings, Corner Records, Legal Descriptions, Record of Survey Maps, A.L.T.A. Surveys, Topographic Survey Drawings, Parcel and Subdivision Maps, Lot Line Adjustments/Mergers
- Perform Construction Staking Calculations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Clients, both internal and external
- Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Work in Santa Paula and/or Camarillo office (Delane Engineering)
- 3-8 years related experience preferred
- LSIT License required
- Understanding of California Boundary Establishment Standards, Subdivision Map Act
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office
- Must be a self-starter and will be expected to work with little to no supervision while adhering strictly to Benner and Carpenter’s and various client standards
- Dependability, attention to detail, accuracy, good communication skills and professionalism
Benner and Carpenter, Inc., based in Santa Paula, CA, is a subsidiary of DELANE Engineering, Inc., a Civil Engineering Consulting firm based in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Camarillo, CA and San Diego, CA serving clients throughout California. Benner and Carpenter is a well-established surveyor in the Ventura County area, with great working relationships with various agencies and all of the major builders on all types of projects. The office support and field crews work together seamlessly and respectfully to serve clients well and enjoy the work we do. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including Medical coverage, Annual Bonuses, 401(k), Paid Holidays, Paid-Time-Off, and professional registration and training support.