Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a firm of engineers, planners, landscape architects, surveyors, and natural resources scientists who provide integrated services for transportation, utility, and water infrastructure; public/private site development, and recreational parks and trails facilities. With a staff of 116, we serve clients across Oregon and southwestern Washington from our offices in Portland, Salem, and Bend, Oregon, and Vancouver, Washington.
Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance. It is because of this our employees have distinguished us with both national and regional awards for one of the Best Firms to Work For.
What We Are Seeking
HHPR is seeking a Project Surveyor who will be responsible for managing and executing a variety of survey projects ranging from small site surveys to transportation projects in our Portland, OR office.
This position will utilize terrestrial and GPS survey methods, engage in client relations, plan survey projects, direct field crews, and prepare reports and other deliverables. We require that the project surveyor possess boundary, control, topographic surveying, and construction surveying experience. Additionally, they must have the ability to work independently, be flexible and adjust to changing project conditions and needs.
• Support Civil Engineering related work including roadway design, site design, utility design.
• Function as lead surveyor on a variety of survey projects in collaboration with the survey staff and the project team.
• Independently plan, conduct, and supervise field and office staff in terrestrial and GPS surveys, data processing, and technical analyses.
• Produce and oversee production of project deliverables, ensuring deliverables are within established HHPR project parameters, quality control guidelines and professional standards.
• Prepare scopes of work and cost estimates.
• Ability to utilize scanning equipment and data a plus.
• Mentor junior staff.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Current Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license, in the state of Oregon and/or Washington with at least 5 years’ experience.
• Proficient using AutoCAD Civil 3D. (MicroStation and InRoads experience a bonus)
• Proficient with general survey software like Star*Net, Trimble Business Center, Data Processing Software and GPS Software.
• Proficient with general office software such as Microsoft products.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Prefer B.S. in Surveying or a related field, not required.
• Prefer laser scanning experience, not required.
We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits which include 401(k) Retirement plan, requiring no match to receive contribution. Health, alternative care, vision and dental premiums are 100% paid by company for employee and dependents. Also includes long term disability, life insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay, with an opportunity for company stock ownership.
$70,000 - $100,000, Depending on Experience
Please submit resume and cover letter to ADP.
HHPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in the process of apply or interviewing due to a disability, please let us know.
Project Land Surveyor - Oregon
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 6:43 am
1 post • Page 1 of 1