Senior Project Civil Engineer with Hydrology/Hydraulics & LID experience
A position is open for a Senior Project Civil Engineer at a growing team-oriented civil engineering and surveying company located in Old Pasadena, CA. We specialize in all types of land development projects throughout Southern California.
We seek qualified candidates with at least 6-10 years’ experience in hydrology, storm drain/water supply system hydraulics and Low Impact Development (LID) techniques. This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic team and contribute to a wide range of exciting projects.
• Design and analyze hydraulic systems for various civil engineering projects, including stormwater management, drainage, and water supply systems.
• Develop sustainable solutions using Low Impact Development (LID) techniques to minimize the environmental impact of projects.
• Conduct hydraulic and hydrologic calculations, perform modeling and simulations to assess system performance, and optimize designs.
• Prepare detailed engineering plans, specifications, and reports, ensuring compliance with relevant codes, regulations, and industry standards.
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including architects, environmental specialists, and construction professionals, to coordinate project objectives and deliver high-quality results.
• Conduct site visits and inspections to assess existing conditions, identify potential issues, and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Stay updated with emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in hydraulic engineering and LID approaches.
Knowledge of a majority of the following is required:
• MS4 in Ventura and Los Angeles County
• Grading Design
• Hydrology in Orange, Los Angeles and Ventura Counties
• Open channel and pressure pipe hydraulics
• 2022 CBC
• ACAD Civil 3D
• QSD/QSP certification preferred
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited institution.
• 6-10 years of experience in civil engineering, with a focus on hydraulic system design and analysis.
• Proven expertise in Low Impact Development (LID) techniques and their application in civil engineering projects.
• Proficient in hydraulic modeling software.
• Strong knowledge of relevant codes, regulations, and industry standards related to hydraulic engineering and stormwater management.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex hydraulic systems.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or other related design software.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong project management abilities, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and deliver high-quality work.
• Professional Engineer (PE) license is highly desirable.
• 4½ day work week or flexible work schedules
• Vacation time based on position / 1 week sick time / bereavement pay
• Up to 20 hours of sick time usable between Christmas and New Years if available
• Medical and dental insurance with Kaiser
• Up to 10 paid holidays per year; 8 fixed, birthday if during the work days and 1 floating split between other bank holidays
• Professional development and licensing fee reimbursement
• All positions at SCES are hourly and pay overtime
• Commensurate with experience and performance
1 post • Page 1 of 1