Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.
SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as a SURVEY PARTY CHIEF in IRVINE or WEST LOS ANGELES. Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is a top bicycling city with miles of on-road bicycle lanes and mountain bike trails. It is one of the safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California. West Los Angeles is known for its many popular recreational opportunities and our office is conveniently located adjacent to the Expo MetroLink Commuter line.
PROJECTS INCLUDE Roads and Utility Infrastructure for Public Agencies * Commercial and Residential Developments * Schools, Universities, and Institutional Facilities * Military Base Facilities * Pipelines * Water Treatment Facilities.
SURVEY PARTY CHIEF JOB SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the Survey Manager the Survey Party Chief will coordinate and supervise field crew operations and will perform related field duties for boundary surveying, topographic mapping, ALTA surveys, tentative, parcel and tract mapping, and construction staking. You will assist with survey requests, project research and calculations, communication with clients, time management, and review of daily survey data.
SURVEY PARTY CHIEF JOB DUTIES
- Leads, directs, and performs the work of field survey crew chief for boundary, topographic, and construction surveying. Performs related research, plan reviews, and calculations.
- Mentors and trains less experienced Survey Technicians.
- Analyzes conflicts in construction drawings and design plans.
- Prepares cut sheets and sketches; reviews as-built plans, maps, records of survey and right-of-way drawings.
- Performs calculations to determine grades and locations of improvements on construction plans.
- Reads and interprets field survey notes, deeds, legal descriptions, GLO and BLM field notes, parcel and tract maps, records of survey, and construction plans.
- Proficient in the operation and maintenance of robotic and GPS survey equipment.
- Interprets historical survey records, and compiles evidence for establishing project survey control and boundary determinations.
- Familiar with surveying principles and theory, field methods, concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional and courteous manner with teammates and clients.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 5-years general field surveying experience that includes serving as survey party chief.
- Competent in surveying principles and theory, field surveying methods and procedures, and error checking.
- Familiarity with geometric and trigonometry principles.
- Strong working knowledge and experience setting up, operating, and maintaining robotic total stations, data collectors, and GPS equipment.
- California Driver’s license, proof of valid auto insurance and a clean driving record. Note: This will be verified.
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) or Land Surveyor in Training Certificate (LSIT).
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or related field.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
SURVEY TECHNICIAN PARTY CHIEF in IRVINE or LA
https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recrui ... ls/1790232
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility, and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
$28.00 - $63.00/hr