Survey Technician (field & office)
The Survey Technician is a field and office position. Field duties will include working in the field under a party chief performing various field surveys including boundary, topographic, control and construction surveys. Office work may include preparation of exhibit maps, staking diagrams, construction calculations, cut sheets and other documents.
Education, experience and licensing requirements:
• At least 5 years’ experience in Land Surveying as a party chief or Survey Technician.
• College degree in related field preferred
• California LSIT preferred
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
• 5 years demonstrated experience working on field projects under the direction of a land surveyor or party chief.
• Skilled in finding monuments, including wood stakes, rebar, pipe and nails under pavement.
• Skilled in marking stakes for construction (grading, sewer, storm drain, water, building, utilities, etc.)
• 5 years of experience working on field surveys for control, construction, boundary and topographic surveys.
• Experience performing GPS (RTK) surveys.
• Knowledge of basic surveying principles and adjustments
• Knowledge of state plane coordinate systems, including rotation, and scale factor.
• Proven procedures for checking field work and detecting errors.
• Demonstrated skill, knowledge, and proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Skilled in construction staking calculations in AutoCAD and producing cut sheets and staking diagrams
• Good communication skills with clients, land developers, contractors and public agencies.
• Assist party chief in the performance of field surveys for boundary, control, construction, and topographic surveys.
• With minimal supervision, use AutoCAD Civil 3D to prepare construction calculations and survey exhibit maps.
• With minimal supervision, prepare documents and reports using Word, Excel, Survey Pro, Foresight and other software.
Pay: $25-35/hour depending on experience (prevailing wage at current rate)
Benefits: Vacation, sick time, holidays, health plan, 401k, profit sharing.
Location: Primarily San Luis Obispo County and northern Santa Barbara County
Firm type: Land Surveying firm only with 15 employees
Position available: now
If interested, please e-mail resume to "info @ mbslandsurveys.com” (leave out spaces)
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:44 am